My mom’s bread pudding has always been a staple in our home! I’m learning how to make this for the first time and loved bonding with my mom. You know there will be lots of laughs! The recipe is filled with lots of raisins but most importantly made with love. We also have a special guest on set, our Pomeranian Oli! He’s 17 years old and has always been the designated taste tester for our family! I’m so excited to share our family recipe with all of you! Please share this video and subscribe to my channel! Enjoy! :)
1 loaf of bread (Bread should be 1 day old and cut into 1-inch cubs.)
1 quart of Almond milk
3 large eggs
2 cups of sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins (*1–Please see note below.)
¼ tsp of allspice
½ tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp of melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the bread in a bowl with the milk to soak.
3. Mix all of the other ingredients (except the butter) together in a separate bowl and then add to the bread mixture.
4. Use the butter to coat the 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until the edges start to brown.
Sauce to make while the pudding is baking
½ cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla essence
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat. Add the sugar, vanilla and the egg and whisk it slowly. (For the Sauce you can add ½ cup of bourbon after whisking in the sugar and egg.)
2. Stir constantly until the sauce becomes thick. Do not let it boil or simmer. Pour over the bread pudding and Enjoy!
*1 (You can soak the raisins in bourbon for an hour and then add to the bread mixture before baking.)