- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of unsweetened baking white chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
- red food coloring
- sweetheart candy
- vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir the cocoa and the boiling water in a separate smaller bowl.
- Add to the flour mixture, the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and egg.
- Add the cocoa mixture to other ingredients, pour the batter into the cupcake sleeves and place it in the oven. Let the cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, place the white chocolate and milk into a saucepan on high and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Place half of the melted white chocolate into a separate bowl and add red food coloring.
- Take the other half of the melted white chocolate and place it into the piping tube.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven when they are finished (you can check with a toothpick to see if they are ready) and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Take the piping tube with the white chocolate and insert into the center of the cupcake. Then place a sweetheart candy on top of the hole.
- When you are ready to serve, place a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream next to the cupcake and drizzle the “red” chocolate on top of the ice cream.
Be sure to check out my YouTube video on how to make it on my home page! :)
Pipe freehand hearts or follow patterns by drawing heart shapes on paper that is slipped under the waxed paper. Celebrate love in its many forms with these Valentine’s Day recipes, crafts and other heartwarming treats.