- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups of unsweetened baking white chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
- red food coloring
- sweetheart candy
- vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir the cocoa and the boiling water in a separate smaller bowl.
- Add to the flour mixture, the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and egg.
- Add the cocoa mixture to other ingredients, pour the batter into the cupcake sleeves and place it in the oven. Let the cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, place the white chocolate and milk into a saucepan on high and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Place half of the melted white chocolate into a separate bowl and add red food coloring.
- Take the other half of the melted white chocolate and place it into the piping tube.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven when they are finished (you can check with a toothpick to see if they are ready) and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Take the piping tube with the white chocolate and insert into the center of the cupcake. Then place a sweetheart candy on top of the hole.
- When you are ready to serve, place a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream next to the cupcake and drizzle the “red” chocolate on top of the ice cream.