- 1 lb of ground turkey
- ½ cup of green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup of red pepper chopped
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of tomato sauce garnished with basil and garlic
- 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb of lasagna shells
- First in a medium saucepan, pour the olive oil in the warm pan.
- Then add the chopped red and green bell peppers, onions and celery and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, salt and black pepper and pour the tomato sauce garnished with basil and garlic on top. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Now it’s time to put the lasagna together!
- Spray the pan with olive oil and place the lasagna shells in the pan.
- Then add a smooth layer of the cottage cheese and put some of the chopped spinach over the cottage cheese.
- Add a layer of ground turkey and make sure it’s enough cover the layer of spinach.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the ground turkey.
- Cover the mozzarella cheese with a thin layer of the tomato, basil and garlic sauce.
- Repeat all steps until you reach the top of the pan. End with the lasagna shell on top. This is where your kids can help!
- Cover the lasagna shell with the tomato sauce and sprinkle the top with lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Finally place the lasagna in the oven and cook it for 30 minutes. Yummy!
When you are ready, serve with a berry salad and fresh bread rolls.