Sharing my family recipes has just become more inclusive thanks to my partnership with Impossible Foods to create the Impossible Caribbean Pate’! Growing up I’ve been allergic to beef and pork most of my life. Now I’m able to enjoy some of my traditional Caribbean recipes thanks to Impossible Foods’ meat made from plants, which cooks just like ground beef and tastes amazing! Immerse yourself into our island culture! Find my recipe below and Impossible’s website at https://impossiblefoods.com/recipes/caribbean-pates-carlina-will! Happy Cooking!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
12 oz. of Impossible™ Burger
1⁄2 Green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper (diced)
1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp hot pepper
1⁄4 cup tomato paste
1 tbsp curry
1 tbsp seasoning salt
2 tbsp butter
DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING:
1. Melt the butter in the pan.
2. Sauté the bell peppers and onions.
3. Season the Impossible™ Burger with all of the spices.
4. Add the seasoned Impossible™ Burger to the pan.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH/PASTRY
4 cups of flour
2 tbsp baking powder
4 tbsp salted butter
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cup of water
DIRECTIONS FOR THE DOUGH:
1. Add all the dry ingredients together and then add the butter. Slowly add water while mixing.
2. On a flour dusted counter, form the dough into small golf size balls and let it sit for 10 minutes.
3. Roll the dough balls into circles with a rolling pin.
4. Place a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the circle. Rub water on the edge of the circle and close the pate’.
5. Seal the pate’ edges with a fork.
6. If frying the pate’, heat 6 cups of oil in a pot on medium or use a fryer. Fry until golden brown on one side then turn the pate’ to the other side and fry until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel to cool. Serve and Enjoy!
*If baking, heat oven to 350. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool.