Attention all lovers of Vegan recipes, we have changed the game and created a recipe that not only vegans will love but everyone will be asking for seconds! Carlina shows you how to make Pineapple Jackfruit Tacos with the help of our special guest, Jerry Madison! You have asked and we have delivered! This episode we explore vegan friendly flavors plus Jerry learns something new in the kitchen! Please share this video with everyone you know and Follow me on my social media! Love you all!
1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
1/2 green bell pepper sliced thinly
1/3 onion sliced thinly
1/2 tomato sliced into small cubes
1 can of young green jackfruit in brine
1 cup of fresh cup pineapples
8 tbsp is Cindy’s Cinna-mon Apple BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
fresh cilantro roughly chopped to serve
small tortilla wraps to serve
1. If your jackfruit is preserved in brine then rinse it in cold water and dry before using. 2. Shred the jackfruit to make it look like thinly sliced meat. You can use your fingers or a fork.
3. Add the BBQ sauce and lemon juice and marinade over night.
4. In a large pan, fry the onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add the jackfruit and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Then add the fresh pineapples, garlic, basil and parsley and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
6. Finally, serve over small tortillas topped with fresh cilantro.